- 1 Butternut Squash (peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 head Cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1 Carrot (chopped into 1 inch rounds)
- 1 Beet (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 Parsnip (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Tamari (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 cups Kale Leaves
- 1/4 cup pistachios (shelled, raw or roasted)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place butternut squash, cauliflower, carrots, beet and parsnip in a large mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Toss well. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread vegetables evenly across. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 1 cup quinoa in a saucepan with 2 cups of water or broth. Bring to a boil, cover with lid, and let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat, let sit for 5 minutes with lid on, remove lid and fluff with a fork.
While quinoa is cooking, make your dressing by combining tahini, extra virgin olive oil, tamari, lemon juice, minced garlic and salt together in a mason jar. Add 1/4 cup warm water. Shake well, taste and adjust seasonings as desired, and set aside.
- Place the kale in a bowl and massage with a small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Season with no more than 1/2 tsp of kosher salt. Place in nonstick pan over medium heat and saute just until wilted. Transfer into a bowl.
- Pour your pistachios into the same frying pan (which should still be lightly greased from the kale) and saute until slightly browned and crunchy (if using roasted, you won’t have to cook as long as raw).
- Assemble your bowl by placing quinoa in the bottom of a bowl and arranging roasted winter vegetables, sautéed kale and pistachios on the top. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over the bowl. Enjoy!