- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 box of Moravian style lemon cookies
- 1 pint strawberries
- Combine cream, sugar, lemon extract, and lemon zest in an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, beat on low for a few minutes until mixture begins to thicken, then increase to medium speed for several more minutes until the mixture becomes stiff.
- Spread 1/3 of the cream mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9” springform pan.
- Place two layers of cookies atop the cream.
- Place thinly sliced strawberries atop the second layer of cookies.
- Spread another 1/3 of the cream evenly atop the strawberries.
- Repeat steps 3 – 5.
- End by garnishing the top of the cake with strawberries, crumbled cookies, and lemon zest.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge 8 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, place cake on a flat plate or cake stand, open the lever and lift circular collar off of the pan.