- 3 cup strawberries washed and sliced
- 1-1/2 cup water, plus additional 1-1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp simple syrup*
- Q Ginger beer, 4 pack – 7.5 oz. cans (cocktail mixer aisle). We recommend Q Ginger Beer because it’s spicy, less sweet and more carbonated than other ginger beers
- Additional strawberries and lemon, for garnish
- Place strawberries, 1-1/2 cup water, and lemon juice into blender and process until smooth.
- Strain juice through a fine mesh strainer set over mixing bowl; discard any solids.
- Stir simple syrup into strawberry juice, add 1-1/2 cups water, pour into pitcher and refrigerate to chill.
- Put a few ice cubes in serving glass, fill half full with strawberry juice, top with ginger beer and stir.
- Garnish glasses with lemon and strawberry if desired.
*Simple syrup is one part water to one part sugar. To make simple syrup, heat 1 c. water with 1 c. sugar,
stirring to dissolve sugar. Transfer to jar and refrigerate to cool.