- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken, diced and cooked
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp each: dried oregano, ground cumin
- 3 cup redskin potatoes, cubed
- 2 cup yellow corn
- 2 cup Great Northern or white beans
- 4 – 6 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- sour cream/ guacamole for garnish
- Over medium-high heat, add the oil to the stockpot and sauté the onions, peppers, and garlic for three minutes, stirring to combine and the onions start to soften.
- Add the potatoes, cumin, and oregano, stirring to combine, covering to cook for another five minutes.
- Add the chicken, corn, beans and chicken stock, combining all ingredients in the stockpot. Reduce the heat to medium and allow to simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Add the fresh cilantro and crushed tortilla chips to thicken. Allow to continue simmering for another fifteen minutes.
- Garnish with a dollop of fresh guacamole and sour cream and sprinkle the top with more crushed tortilla chips. Serve with freshly baked cornbread for a hearty meal.