- 1 pound ground white meat turkey 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Italian panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp turbinado sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp chili powder
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp ground chipotle powder
- 1⁄4 tsp dried oregano
- Olive oil
- 2 whole poblano peppers, optional
- 4 buns, toasted
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- When grill is to temperature, place the poblano peppers on the grill and roast 10 – 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes until the skin is blackened and blistered.
- Remove peppers from the grill and place in a bowl covered with plastic wrap to steam.
- Combine all of the spices together. Place the turkey, sour cream, bread crumbs and spice blend in a bowl, and mix to combine thoroughly. Divide mixture into 4 equal servings and shape into patties.
- Coat each patty with olive oil on both sides, and place on the grill, directly over the coals. Cook 8 – 10 minutes, flipping the burgers once. Cook until the burgers reach 140 degrees internal, measured with an instant read thermometer.
- After the grilled poblano peppers have steamed in the bowl for 10 minutes, peel the blistered outer skin off, remove the stem and seeds, and cut the peppers in half to use as a topping on the burgers.
- Lightly toast your buns on the hot grill.
- To serve, put sour cream on the bottom bun, place a burger, half a poblano pepper and pico de gallo on top and enjoy!
Yields 4 burgers.