- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted, 1⁄2”dice
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 11⁄2C red onion, diced
- 2C tomatoes, seeded and 1⁄2” dice
- 2C whole kernel corn, thawed if frozen
- 2C black-eyed peas, thawed if frozen
- 2C black beans, drained
- 1C fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely diced
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 2T vegetable oil
- 1⁄4C hot sauce
- 11⁄2T red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- In one large mixing bowl, lightly toss the avocado, garlic, red onion, tomatoes, corn, black-eyed peas, lime zest, cilantro and black beans until mixed.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vegetable oil, hot sauce, red wine vinegar and black pepper until smooth.
- Drizzle the dressing over the veggie mixture, stirring and tossing until all ingredients are coated. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips.