- 1/2 lb. fresh green beans, whole, ends trimmed, cut in half
- 1 small purple onion, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/8 tbsp black pepper
Basil pesto dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, firmly packed
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut potatoes in bite-size chunks; place on shallow baking sheet; toss with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
and 1/8 tbsp black pepper.
- Roast potatoes 20 minutes turn gently.
- Add green beans, onion, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tbsp kosher salt to baking
sheet with the potatoes and toss together.
- Roast 20 minutes, turning vegetables at 10 minutes.
- While salad is roasting, make basil pesto dressing.
- Place garlic in a food processor, add remaining dressing ingredients and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, cool slightly then transfer vegetables to a large bowl.
- Top with grape tomatoes, pour basil pesto dressing over salad and toss gently.
- Taste & adjust salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve at room temperature.