- 1 cup whole milk 1 pkg. (1/4 oz.)
- Red Star Platinum Superior Baking Yeast
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, cut in halves
- 1/2 cup craisins, infused w/ cherry juice
- 1/4 cup candied ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp. orange zest 1 tsp. unsalted butter softened
- Heat milk until warm to touch, 110-115°F, add to bowl of stand mixer with dough hook or paddle attached. Stir in yeast and 1 tbsp. granulated sugar. Let stand 5 minutes, mixture will start to look frothy. Whisk eggs with vanilla, then add to mixer bowl with remaining sugar, butter, oil and orange zest. Mix on low speed until combined. Add 2 cups flour and kosher salt, stir on low speed until incorporated, scrape bowl then gradually add remaining 2 cups of flour and continue to mix 2 minutes.
- Add dried cherries, craisins, ginger, and pecans and mix until just incorporated. Dough will be sticky. Turn dough on to lightly floured surface and use a dough scraper to help knead until dough has smoothed out and becomes more elastic, about 2-3 minutes. Form dough into a ball and place in lightly greased large bowl, turning dough to oil top. Cover and let rise at room temperature until doubled, about one hour.
- Add sugar, cinnamon, and kosher salt to a jar or covered container and shake to combine. Pour into shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, melt butter in microwave.
- Spray a 9.75” or 10-12 cup Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Punch down dough and pat out to approximately 14” round. Using a bench knife, cut dough in to 1 ½ inch strips, then cut 60-70 one-inch pieces. Roll each piece of dough in to a ball, dip in melted butter, then roll generously in cinnamon sugar. Layer balls in Bundt pan, cover, and let rise 20 minutes. Adjust oven rack to lower third position, then preheat oven to 350°F while bread is rising. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert on serving platter.
- Stir together powdered sugar, orange juice, orange zest, and butter. Drizzle over warm monkey bread and serve.