- 1 lb Italian sausage, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes, cut in half or quartered
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- 2 cups zucchini, 1/2 inch thick and quartered
- 1 Acorn Squash
- Cut the acorn squash in half and clean out the seeds. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper – place on a baking sheet lined with foil, cut side down, and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp of oil along with the baby potatoes to a large, deep non-stick skillet with a tight-fitting lid set to medium-high heat. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. When the skillet gets hot and starts to sizzle, reduce heat to low and cook with a tight lid for about 20-25 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent the potatoes from burning. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes without removing the lid, then set the potatoes aside on a dish.
- Add the cut-up sausage to the skillet and cook on medium-low, stirring occasionally until browned but not quite cooked through, about 7 minutes. Add the onions, peppers, garlic, and rosemary to the skillet. Season vegetables with salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until onions and peppers soften and become slightly browned. Add zucchini and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Return the potatoes back to the skillet and mix well. Adjust salt and pepper as needed; cover and cook 5 more minutes.
- To serve, fill the acorn squash with the potatoes, sausage, vegetable mixture.