- 1 Tbsp Butter, divided
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 2 Packs Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 Package of Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad
- 8 Corn Tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup Cotija Cheese, crumbled (plus more, if needed)
- Prep the Mushrooms: Clean by rubbing the dirt off with a paper towel or rinsing them quickly under running water.
- Cook Mushrooms (to release moisture): Heat 1/2 of the butter and 1/2 of the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 package of mushrooms and a pinch of salt, and stir to evenly coat the mushrooms with butter and oil. You want to hear the mushrooms sizzle. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms start to release their moisture. Look for a sheen of moisture, not too much of a color change.
- Continue cooking mushrooms over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until all the moisture has evaporated and the mushrooms start to turn dark reddish-brown with golden spots. This should take another 5-8 minutes (total cooking time is about 10 minutes). Taste and add more salt if desired. Repeat with remaining oil, butter, and mushrooms. *If you have a gigantic pan that can fit all of your mushrooms without overcrowding them, go for it all at once.
- Prepare “Slaw:” While your first batch of mushrooms are cooking, prepare the package of Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad in a large bowl with everything included. Set aside.
- Warm Tortillas: While second batch of mushrooms are cooking, heat a separate dry skillet over medium heat and begin to warm tortillas one side at a time, for about 1 minute on each side. Place on plate and cover with aluminum foil or set inside a very low oven to keep warm.
- Serve: Divide 2 tortillas among each plate and assemble each with a few slices of mushrooms and a handful of slaw. Top with cotija cheese and cilantro.