- 1 lb. Flank or Skirt Steak, thinly sliced
- 2 – 3 large Zucchini
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil, separated
- 1 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 cup Shredded Provolone Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Leave a rim of about 1/4”. Brush with olive oil and place in a large glass baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until just starting to turn tender.
- While zucchini is roasting, sauté onion and bell pepper in a large skillet with remaining olive oil.
- When onions begin to soften add mushrooms, sliced beef, and beef broth.
- Cook until beef is cooked through and broth is almost completely reduced, then remove from heat.
- Remove zucchini from oven and fill with beef and vegetable mixture. Top with shredded cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and