- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground turkey (or 2 cups walnuts, ground)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 oz.) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium gluten-free Teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup gluten-free Hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut Butter, (or substitute with Betsy’s Best Almond or Seed Butter)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 12 bib lettuce leaves
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and carrot is tender.
- Drain then add ginger and garlic.
- Cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the chestnuts, onions, snow peas, Teriyaki, Hoisin, Betsy’s Best, vinegar and oil.
- Heat through and divide mixture among lettuce leaves.
- Add walnuts to food processor and process on low until ground.
- Remove and place in large bowl.
- Add shredded carrots, ginger, garlic, chestnuts, onions and snow peas.
- Process on low to form chunks.
- Remove and combine with walnuts in a bowl.
- Add Teriyaki, Hoisin, Betsy’s Best, vinegar and oil to blender and process until blended.
- Pour liquid into nut mixture and stir.
- Divide among lettuce leaves.