- 4 slices Laura Lynn thick sliced bacon, diced in 1⁄2” pieces
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts, bottoms trimmed and halved, loose leaves separated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 11⁄2 teaspoons McCormick Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Unicoi Preserves Apple Cider Pepper Spread (from the Ingles Deli)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place diced bacon in a cast iron skillet and cook on the stovetop over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until it is cooked and crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the hot cast iron skillet, then stir in halved brussels sprouts (reserve the loose leaves on the side with the bacon). Stir in the McCormick Smokehouse Maple seasoning.
- Place skillet in the oven and roast brussels sprouts 20 to 25 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, then stir in 2 Tablespoons Unicoi Preserves Apple Cider Pepper Spread, the reserved brussels sprouts leaves, and bacon. Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Place back into the oven and roast for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.