For the Brownies:
- 1 Cup Raw almonds
- 1/4 Cup slivered almonds (plus more for optional garnish)
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Cup pitted dates
- 1/4 Cup Honey
For the Frosting:
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- Place an 8×8 glass baking dish lined with parchment paper (or lightly greased) in freezer.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, add nuts, cocoa powder, chia seeds and salt. Blitz together until “sandy,” then add dates and honey. Continue to pulse/blend until mixture starts to stick together.
- To dry, add date and/or a bit of honey. To sticky, add ground nuts.
- Scoop dough into chilled square baking dish and press into a large square. Place in fridge or freezer to chill.
- Meanwhile, make glaze.
- In a separate bowl, combine all glaze ingredients until smooth. Allow glaze to harden (in fridge or at room temp) until it resembles chocolate frosting. If it gets too hard, microwave for 10 seconds at a time, stirring between each interval.
- Spread glaze over brownie mixture and garnish with almonds. Chill in fridge for at least 2 hours before cutting into 16 or so pieces.
- Store in airtight container at room temp for 2 weeks, in fridge for 1 month.