- 1 1b. Shrimp (25 count per pound)
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 lg. garlic cloves
- pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- ¾ tsp. Kosher Salt ¼ tsp. Sugar
- Squeeze of Lemon
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian Parsley
- Italian Baguette
- Rinse the shrimp removing the tails and place them in a bowl. Grate 2 garlic cloves over the shrimp, add the sugar and salt and mix together. Let shrimp rest/marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Next, we want to infuse the rest of the oil with garlic. In a sauté pan, warm the rest of the oil over low-medium heat, thinly slice the remaining cloves of garlic and add to the pan along with a pinch of red pepper flakes. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, careful not to burn the garlic.
- Raise the heat to medium-high, add the shrimp, and sauté until pink, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, season with salt, squeeze of lemon juice, and top with parsley.
- Place the shrimp in the center of a large platter and surround it with cut up baguette (I like to rip the baguette into pieces). Finally, pour the rest of the oil over the entire dish and serve.