- (2) 6-7 Oz Tuna Steaks
- Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 minced clove of Garlic
- 2 chopped Anchovy Fillets
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3/4 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 lb small red potatoes
- 1/2 lb haricots verts or any green bean
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil and a handful of torn basil
- Several torn leaves of romaine or any lettuce you like
- 1/4 lb radishes
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced
- 2 large tomatoes or a pint of cherry tomatoes (chopped or halved)
- 1/2 pitted kalamata olives or your preference sliced
- 3-4 boiled eggs
- Salt & pepper
- Basil chopped
- Heat cast-iron skillet or grill to hot. Coat the tuna steaks in a little olive oil, salt & pepper. Add to hot skillet for 4 minutes on first side and 2 minutes on other side. Let rest then slice.
- You may use precooked canned or pouched chunk tuna if you prefer.
- Smash the garlic clove and the anchovy fillets into a paste. Stir in lemon juice, zest & mustard. Whisk in olive oil while constantly stirring. Add a dash of salt if you prefer.
- Assemble ingredients.
- In a medium pot cover potatoes with cold water. Add salt to the water and bring to a boil. Cook on medium until tender (10-15 minutes). Add the trimmed green beans to the pot in last 2-3 minutes of the cook time. Drain and cool veggies. Halve the potatoes and add dressing to potatoes and beans. Sprinkle with chopped basil.
- On a large platter lay down the lettuce leaves and arrange potatoes, beans, radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, eggs and torn basil with the olives on top. Salt & Pepper.
Add the cooked tuna steaks or canned tuna and drizzle with vinaigrette.