- One frozen or ready-made puff pastry
- 2 cans pear halves in syrup
- 2 tbsp apricot jam to glaze
- Sliced almonds for topping
For the frangipane:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted room temp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Using a springform pan line the bottom and partway up the sides with the puff pastry.
- Combine butter and sugar in mixing bowl and beat medium speed until creamy. Add almond flour on low speed alternating with the eggs until incorporated. Add the all-purpose flour and mix to combine, then add vanilla extract. Pour into the pastry crust and level out with a spatula.
- Drain the pears. Cut the canned pear halves crosswise into thin slices. Put each pear half on the frangipane with the narrow end toward center of tart and fan out slightly. Repeat evenly around pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 35-40 minutes until pastry is golden brown and frangipane has risen and lightly brown. While the frangipane is cooling, put the apricot preserves in microwave for 20 seconds. Using a pastry brush lightly brush preserves over the top of the frangipane. Cover that with a light sprinkling of sliced almonds. Serve while still warm. Will keep at room temperature for a couple of days.