- 11⁄2 cups milk or milk alternative
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 11⁄2 tblsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Soak dates in boiling water for 5-10 minutes to soften.
- Remove dates from water and remove pits from dates, if you haven’t already.
- In a blender, add all ingredients & puree until smooth.
- Heat the mixture on stove or in microwave on medium heat, until almost boiling, and serve.
You can add a drop of peppermint extract for an extra minty kick!