- About 2 pounds of Assorted fingerling potatoes, cut in half if large
- 1/2 pound sweet potatoes cut into 1”x1” chunks
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 tablespoons puréed garlic (sold in a tube at Ingles)
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh basil, rosemary, or thyme. Mix and match them however you like!
- One 12” x 18” sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
This recipe goes back decades and probably even before we had aluminum foil!
- Just layer all the ingredients in order right on top the piece of foil, then seal up the ends and make a bowl out of the foil with all the ingredients inside.
- Place the whole thing on the back side of the grill and let cook for at least 1.5 hours. The longer the better!
It’s gorgeous and easy and the perfect camping side dish! So easy, you can make these up before you leave for the trip and have batches ready to throw on the grill the whole weekend. My kids loved them!Print Recipe