- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Start by making a simple syrup by combining the sugar and water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil then reduce to low/medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- When the simple syrup is cool, pour into 8 inch dish, add 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice and place in the freezer for 1 1/2 hours
- Remove the dish from the freezer and scrape with a fork to break up the forming ice – put back in the freezer. For the next 2 hours, scrape the mixture every 30 minutes.
- Scoop into dishes, top with lemon rind and serve.