- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 24 oz Jar of Meat-Flavored Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 16 oz Low-Fat or Fat-Free Cottage Cheese
- 3 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 oz Container of Grated Parmesan (or Parmesan Romano Cheese)
- 9-oz Box Lasagna Noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large fry pan (3 inches deep or more), brown meat and drain grease.
- Add sauce to the meat. Pour water in the empty sauce jar, replace lid and shake. Add water to meat and sauce mixture, stir, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Layer the lasagna: In a 9” x 13” casserole dish, spoon a thin layer of the meat sauce mixture on the bottom of your dish. Place four UNCOOKED lasa- gna noodles across pan and place fifth noodle at top of pan. Next spread thin layer of cottage cheese across all noodles. Add about a cup of the mozzarella evenly atop cottage cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan. Repeat layers again as before.
- Add remaining sauce to top with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover with aluminum foil, then bake for one hour.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.