- 4 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
- 3 oz pasteurized egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl or an electric stand mixer, combine the egg whites and vanilla, then beat until a frothy texture.
- Add confectioners sugar in small amounts while mixing on low speed until the sugar is fully mixed in and the mixture becomes somewhat shiny.
- Start to beat on high speed until the mixture begins to form stiff, shiny/glossy “peaks”; about 5 to 7 min. You now have your icing!
- From here, add food coloring as you’d like for different sections of your gingerbread house.
The icing can be used immediately in a piping bag or storage bag or you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.Print Recipe