- 1/4 lb. ground pork, sausage, or beef
- 1 pkg. beef flavor ramen noodles
- 1 pt. beef stock, or water with the spice packet from the ramen
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Chopped mint, for garnish
- Dash of soy sauce
- Dash of fish sauce, optional
- 1 star anise
- 1 tsp. sugar 2-3 whole cloves sriracha, to taste hoisin sauce, to taste Dash of cooking oil
- Start by rolling ground pork sausage into little meatballs (roughly the size of a pinball) and brown those a pot over oil.
- Set them aside and use that same pot to sauté some onions and garlic, scraping the frond left from the sausage for extra flavor. Then add carrots, water, the beef spice pack from the ramen, 1-star anise, 2 whole cloves, soy sauce, sugar, fish sauce (if you have it) and the noodles and bring to a boil.
- Once it hits the boiling point, back the burner off, drop the meatballs back in, cover and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with green onions and fresh herbs (mint and cilantro are ideal), and drizzle with sriracha, and hoisin.