- 1 cup Daiya mozzarella shreds
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (from a carton, not canned)
- 2 Tablespoons Gigi’s Everyday GF Flour Blend (gum-free) OR similar gum-free blend like King Arthur GF Multipurpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon dairy-free butter substitute
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- ½ pound shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance buttery spread
- Salt and pepper
- Gluten-free pasta
- Prepare gluten-free pasta according to package directions.
- Prepare the sauce by placing all sauce ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat and whisk to blend in the flour. Warm until “cheese” melts and continue to stir.
- Allow the mixture to come to a low boil, and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken. Turn off heat. Mixture will thicken slightly as it cools.
- Cook shrimp in a skillet over medium-high heat in 2 tablespoons melted Earth Balance for 3-4 minutes until shrimp are pink. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Do not overcook.
- To serve, plate pasta, top with sauce and place shrimp on top. Garnish with fresh dill and a lemon wedge if desired.