- 2C heavy cream
- 11⁄2C whole milk
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3 whole large eggs
- 1C sugar
- 1T vanilla extract
- 1T caramel flavoring
- In sauce pot, combine milk and heavy cream. Over medium-high heat, bring to a simmer to scald. Immediately pull from heat and allow to settle.
- In mixer bowl, combine eggs, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and caramel flavor and beat with whisk attachment until frothy.
- With mixer slowly blending, carefully pour the scalded milk into the mixing bowl with the egg/sugar mixture. Continue beating until thoroughly combined.
- Place ramekins in roasting pan. Ladle 1⁄2C of custard batter into each ramekin.
- Carefully fill roasting pan with hot water to surround the ramekins. Place the pan on middle rack of preheated 350° oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until custards are lightly loose in middle.
- Allow to cool before covering with plastic wrap to chill. Brulèe top of each ramekin with sugar to caramelize before serving.