- 1 ½ cup flour, all purpose or wheat
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- ¾ cup mashed sweet potato
- ⅓ to ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 Clifty Farms pre-cut Ham
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp creole mustard
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp white wine
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and then, using a fork, or your fingers, work the butter into the flour mixture until it is the size of small peas. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to keep it cold.
- Add sweet potato and 1/3 cup of buttermilk to the flour mixture and stir to combine. If the mixture is crumbly and not sticking together, add the rest of the buttermilk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together.
- Move the dough onto a flour dusted surface and dust the top with a little more flour. Roll the dough so that it is 3/4 of an inch thick. Cut the dough using a knife or a biscuit cutter into 9 pieces.
- Place the biscuits on the baking sheet and into the 425° oven and bake until the tops are a light golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- To make the dressing, mix all dressing ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Once biscuits and dressing is made, take a saute pan and place Clifty Farms precut sliced ham into the heat skillet. Only cook until just heated well and set all aside.
- Now, in each biscuit add in a couple sliced of Ham and generously apply the poppy seed dressing. Serve hot.