- 1 ribeye steak
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 sticks of butter, softened and cubed
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- Trim the fat until you have a circular shape. Reserve trimmed fat.
- Coat meat with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on all sides. Let the steak sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, combine butter, bacon bits, and blue cheese. Lay butter mixture on wax paper, form a loaf, roll it tightly, and freeze it.
- On the steak, add paprika, and steak seasoning. Let steak rest for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Heat your charcoal grill to 500°. Use reserved fat trimmings to season the grill grates.
- Put the steak on the grill for 2 minutes, then twist it to make crossed grill marks and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the steak, leave for two minutes, then twist it again and leave for 2 minutes. Check internal temperature, 130° means the steak is medium-rare.
- Pull off the grill, then top the steak immediately with a slice of compound butter. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes, then serve.