- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tblsp canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14-oz cans stewed tomatoes, mexican recipe
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 14-oz can drained red kidney beans
- cilantro, sour cream, and/or cheddar for garnish
- Combine cumin, chili powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Coat chicken cubes with your dry spice mixture.
- Heat canola oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add seasoned chicken cubes and minced garlic to the pot, and cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, salsa, and raisins, then bring to a simmer. Cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the can of drained beans.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve hot with desired toppings!