- 4 Bone-In & Skin-On Chicken Thighs (or breasts halved)
- 2 Tblsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1Tblsp Mediterranean Style Dried Herbs (such as one or all of these: basil, chives, rosemary, oregano, thyme, sage)
- Salt & Pepper
- 2-3 heads of Peeled Garlic (or buy a bag of already peeled garlic in the produce section & use the entire bag)
- 1/4 Cup Crème Fraiche Store-Bought or Homemade (quick recipe follows)
- Preheat Oven to 350 F.
- Rinse and Dry Chicken. Season with Salt & Pepper then set aside.
- Add Vegetable oil to ovenproof skillet
- When Oil is Hot Add Chicken to Skillet Skin Side Down First and Brown for 3-5 Minutes per Each Side.
- Remove chicken from Skillet and Set Aside. Lower heat to Medium.
- Add Garlic Cloves and Constantly Stir Until Slightly Browned.
- Drain Off Excess Oil and Add Chicken Broth to Skillet with Garlic in it. Let It Begin To Boil and add Chicken Back to Skillet and Sprinkle with Herbs.
- Put in Oven at 350* for 30-35 Minutes Until Juices Run Clear When Pierced with Fork.
- Remove From Oven. Take Out Chicken & Garlic and Set Aside On Serving Dish. Add Crème Fraiche to Skillet & Stir For a Couple of Minutes Until Incorporated and Slightly Thickened. Pour Over Chicken & Garlic to Serve.
Quick Crème Fraiche.
- Combine in Jar
- 1 Cup Room Temperature Heavy Cream
- 2 Tblsp Cider Vinegar
- Let Sit a Room Temperature for 1 Hour and Gently Stir.
- Use After It Has Thickened Or Put In Refrigerator. Good for 3-4 Days in Refrigerator.