Chicken Mark (or insert your own name)
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 pkg McCormick Grill Mates Garlic Wine & Herb Marinade
- 1/4 cup oil + 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp White or Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 bag baby spinach
- Kitchen twine
- Plastic Wrap
- Gallon storage bag
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing sideways through them and laying flat. Cover with plastic wrap and flatten/tenderize the chicken with a kitchen mallet, rolling pin, or tenderizer. The chicken breast should be just under a half inch thick.
- Put all flattened chicken breasts into a gallon storage bag. In a separate bowl, prepare Grillmates Marinade as directed. Pour marinade over chicken breasts. Force all air out of bag, seal. Put chicken in fridge anywhere from 45 minutes to overnight.
- Remove chicken from bag. Lay three pieces of twine cut in 9-12 inch pieces across a cutting board. Lay one chicken breast on the three pieces of twine.
- In the middle of each butterflied breast, add a dollop (about 1Tbsp) of goat cheese, and a handful of spinach. (about 1cup ea.) Then roll the chicken up with the goat cheese and spinach and tie each piece of twine into a knot to secure it closed. Trim the excess twine (which I fail to do in the video)
- In a skillet on medium high heat add the 2 Tbsp oil and put rolled chicken into hot skillet. Turn chicken to give it a golden brown coat. Once all breasts have been seared, move the breasts to a baking dish. Cover and cook 25 minutes until internal temperature has reached 160 degrees.
- You can add 1 cup of chicken broth to the pan you seared the chicken in and stir up those bits stuck to the pan. Keep stirring over heat until it reduces and makes a nice glaze.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from baking dish. Cut twine off. Slice the chicken crosswise to reveal the stuffed breasts. Top with glaze reduction. Serve with a side of vegetables and a salad. Fee free to name this one after yourself! Enjoy.