- 12 whole jalapeño peppers
- 8 oz. fresh ground Laura Lynn pork sausage
- 8 oz. Laura Lynn white sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1/4 cup milk 1 tbsp. of your favorite BBQ rub
- 4 oz. jar Unicoi Preserves Cherry Jalapeño Spread
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and ribs. I like to use a small spoon to scoop out the inside of the peppers. Grate the cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground sausage, grated cheese, baking mix, milk and BBQ seasoning and mix thoroughly by hand to combine. Stuff the mixture into the cut pepper halves, packing it in firmly. I like to overfill the peppers slightly, mounding the mixture into the pepper half. Continue until all peppers have been stuffed.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On a foil-lined baking sheet, arrange peppers in a single layer and place on the middle rack of your preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the sausage mixture, is dark golden brown.
- Remove tray from oven and glaze the peppers generously with the cherry jalapeño spread. Return the tray to the oven and cook an additional 2 minutes to set the glaze. Remove from oven, plate and serve immediately.
- Set up your grill for direct cooking and preheat to 400 °F. Place stuffed peppers on preheated grill and cook for 15-20 minutes, until sausage mixture is dark golden brown and jalapeños are slightly charred.
- Glaze the top of the peppers with cherry jalapeño spread and cook an additional 2 minutes to set the glaze. Remove from grill and serve immediately.