- 4 cup cantaloupe, diced
- 1-1/2 cup water, plus 1-1/2 cup water divided
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tbsp. simple syrup*
- Additional cantaloupe, lime and mint, for garnish
- Place cantaloupe, 1-1/2 cup water and lime juice into blender and process until smooth.
- Strain the juice through a fine mesh strainer set over mixing bowl, discarding any solids.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cup water and simple syrup, pour into pitcher and refrigerate to chill.
- Pour over ice and garnish with fresh mint and a slice of lime, if desired.
- *Simple syrup is one part water to one part sugar.
- To make simple syrup, heat 1 c. water with 1 c. sugar, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Transfer to jar and refrigerate to cool.
- Simple syrup is ideal for sweetening cold drinks and other recipes where granulated sugar won’t dissolve.