- 1 butternut squash, cubed
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into small slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 box penne pasta
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (or another preferred nut), toasted
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Prepare the squash by cutting it into small pieces and placing them on a cooking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Cut up the fennel and add it to the cooking sheet. Pour a drizzle of olive oil over the squash and fennel and add salt and pepper. Toss to make sure everything is evenly coated. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cook the pasta reserve a bit of pasta water.
- In the pot with the pasta, stir in goat cheese, pumpkin seeds, and cooked squash and fennel.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and reheat later.