- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage (choose an all-natural, gluten-free sausage)
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 6 cups frozen shredded potatoes, slightly thawed
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Laura Lynn GF pancake & waffle mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 4 large eggs
- Paprika, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375F and grease a 9×13-inch glass baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook onion, pepper and sausage together until sausage is nearly cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together potatoes, sausage/vegetable mixture and 2 cups of white cheddar cheese. Spoon mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- In the mixing bowl where you stirred together the potatoes and other ingredients, whisk the pancake mix, milk, seasonings and eggs until smooth. Pour this mixture over the sausage mixture in the baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, evenly, then top with paprika.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, until set and cooked through.
- Cool 10-15 minutes before slicing into squares to serve.