- 1 lb. pulled pork
- 1 Harvest Farms Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 red onion, diced
- 5 whole garlic cloves
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups spring peas
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 bottle of Harvest Farms Hickory Smoke BBQ sauce
- 1 bottle of local craft Pilsner
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ Tbsp celery salt
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-low heat and add diced sweet onion, sautee for 3 minutes.
- Add whole cloves of garlic for about a minute or two, being cautious not to burn them.
- Add diced red pepper, once slightly softened, add peas and corn to the pot.
- Stir in all dry spices: paprika, red pepper flakes, celery salt and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Pour in Pilsner, bbq sauce and chicken stock. Add pulled pork, and chopped rotisserie chicken. Stir stew until well mixed. Add bay leaves and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and add more chicken stock if needed.
- Finally, add chopped parsley and cook for an additional five minutes.
We love living in beautiful western North Carolina. We also try to support local companies whenever we can. This soulful stew combines our favorite flavors of Carolina bbq, a crisp Pilsner from one of the local breweries and a tasty and tangy Harvest Farms bbq sauce. Tastes like home to me!Print Recipe