- (2) Ready-Made Refrigerated Pie Crusts at Room Temp
- 3-4 Golden Delicious or Granny Smith Apples, Peeled & Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tblsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tblsp Butter, Cut Into Small Cubes
- Preheat Oven to 400 F.
- Put Peeled & Sliced Apples Into a Bowl. Add Sugar, Lemon Juice, Cardamom & Cinnamon & Toss To Coat. Let Sit To Release Juices While You Prepare Crust.
- Roll Out First Pie Crust To Flatten Edges. Roll Out Next Pie Crust and Place Directly On Top of First Pie Crust. You Don’t have to Press Them Together.
- Arrange Apple Slices Concentrically Around the Crust Beginning About 2” From Outside Edge of Crust. Continue Until You Reach the Center of the Crust and You Can’t See the Crust Beneath the Apples. Drizzle Some of the Apple Juice (2 Tblsp) From Bowl Onto the Apples to Keep Moist While Cooking.
- Holding Both Crusts Together Fold Up and Over the Outer Edge of the Apple Slices All the Way Around Being Careful Not to Tear the Pie Crust. Add the Butter Cubes Evenly Around the Top of the Apples.
- Bake for 35-40 Minutes Until Apples are Cooked and Crust is Golden Brown. If the Crust is Browning too Fast Cover Loosely with a Sheet of Aluminum Foil.
Serve with Ice Cream or Sweetened Crème Fraiche and Top with Caramel Sauce .